Caparra is an archaeological site in the municipality of Guaynabo. It was declared a U.S. National Historic Landmark in 1994. The site contains the remains of the first Spanish capital of the island, settled in 1508 and abandoned in 1521 by Juan Ponce de León. It represents the oldest known European settlements on United States territory.
Hours: Weekdays from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm